QUICKLY LOCATE SETTLED SLUDGE BLANKETS WITH INFRARED SENSORS.
The Raven SID-10200 Sludge Interface Detector is portable handheld instrument that accurately determines the sludge blanket solid/liquid interface depth in primary tanks, clarifiers, sedimentation basins, lagoons and a wide variety of tanks with settled sludge and solids.
- Infrared sensor probe
- Audio and visual LED indicators visible in direct sunlight
- Sensitivity adjustment
- Low battery indicator
- IP 67 – Field rugged and weather resistant
- Made in USA
It’s equipped with a strain relieved signal cable with incremented depth cable markers and an infrared sensor probe. As the probe is lowered into the tank and the solid/liquid interface is engaged, the meter lightbar LED sements begin to illuminate and the horn tone sounds and changes as the solids density increases. At higher sensitivity settings, the ragged edge on top of the blanket will be detected by the sensor.
To measure the elevation of the sludge blanket:
- lower the the sensor probe to the bottom of the tank
- grasp the cable at a fixed reference point such as the safety railing
- raise it back up until the red lights go out and measure the distance you pulled away from the fixed reference point.